Universal cut your own fire bricks
Cut your own fire bricks. These universal fire bricks are made from vermiculite, simply place your old brick over the top of your new universal fire brick, and draw around it, then cut out with a standard wood saw, Vermiculite is very easy to cut, and will not blunt your saw.
330mm x 300mm x 25mm thick. Price quoted is per sheet of vermiculite
Please click here for details.
What is Vermiculite?
Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral formed into a pressed piece of board and then cut into shapes. Vermiculite fire bricks are non-combustible. A fire resistant product which is light and easy to cut with a wood saw, unlike the old heavy clay fire bricks which were in a lot of stoves.
Vermiculite fire bricks have excellent thermal insulation properties and have minimal shrinkage at high temperatures. They are fire resistant, which make them an ideal product to use in your wood burning or multi-fuel stove, providing fire protection exactly where it is needed.
Universal cut your own fire bricks – Why do we need Vermiculite fire bricks ?
They are fitted to your wood-burning or multi-fuel stove for insulation purposes, allowing your stove to burn efficiently but also acting as a heat barrier and preventing the flames from reaching the steel stove walls causing damage to the stove itself.
Tips to make your fire bricks last longer
- Do not use over-sized logs in your stove which may cause damage
- Do not overfill your stove
- Ensure you only burn seasoned wood
- Where possible, place the logs into the stove rather than throwing or dropping them.
- If cleaning your stove internally do not use water or water based cleaning agents, vermiculite will weaken if it absorbs moisture
- Avoid over-firing your stove. The fire bricks will have a pink colour if this is occuring.
Available thicknesses of Vermiculite Fire Bricks
The standard thickness of our fire bricks on our website is 25mm unless otherwise stated.
15mm, 20mm, and 30mm thicknesses are also available upon request.