Morso Owl 3400 Fire Brick Set
This set consists of two back fire bricks measuring 203mm x 110mm x 25mm and two front side fire bricks measuring 275mm x 130mm x 25mm and two rear side fire bricks measuring 242mm x 130mm x 25mm
Morso Owl 3400 Fire Brick Set – What is Vermiculite?
Vermiculite is a naturally occurring mineral formed into a pressed piece of board and then cut into shapes. Vermiculite fire bricks are non-combustible. A fire resistant product which is light and easy to cut with a wood saw, unlike the old heavy clay fire bricks which used to be used in a lot of stoves.
Vermiculite fire bricks have excellent thermal insulation properties and have minimal shrinkage at high temperatures. They are Fire Resistant, which make them an ideal product to use in your wood burning or multi-fuel stove, providing fire protection exactly where it is needed.
Why do we need Vermiculite fire bricks ?
They are fitted to your wood-burning or multi-fuel stove for insulation purposes, allowing your stove to burn efficiently but also acting as a heat barrier and preventing the flames from reaching the steel stove walls causing damage to the stove itself.
Tips to make your fire bricks last longer
- Do not use over-sized logs in your stove which may cause damage
- Do not overfill your stove
- Ensure you only burn seasoned wood
- Where possible, place the logs into the stove rather than throwing or dropping them.
- If cleaning your stove internally do not use water or water based cleaning agents, vermiculite will weaken if it absorbs moisture
- Avoid over-firing your stove. The fire bricks will have at pink colour if this is occuring.
Available thicknesses of Vermiculite Fire Bricks.
The standard thickness of our fire bricks on our website is 25mm unless otherwise stated.
15mm, 20mm and 30mm thicknesses are also available upon request.
Please telephone us if you need fire bricks with alternative thicknesses to those stated on this page. Our details are found at https:www.stovedoorglass.com/contact-us/